VIDEO: C'mon guys, give Oba of Lagos a break, he didn't mean to snub the most respected Ooni of Ife, he couldn't help it as a mentee of Donald Trump

Background
  • Fact - Donald Trump hates handshake.
  • Social media exploded with mixed reactions to the viral video of Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu snubbing and refusing to shake hands with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi at a public function. Watch video below.
Our take on the matter
  • Like Trump like Rilwan. See reasons below.
Conclusion
  • You can do nothing against the truth but for truth. The Ooni's throne, status and person as per Yoruba history and heritage is very highly esteemed and nothing can diminish that. Period.

In his 1997 book The Art of the Comeback, Trump wrote “One of the curses of American society is the simple act of shaking hands, and the more successful and famous one becomes the worse this terrible custom seems to get. I happen to be a clean hands freak. I feel much better after I thoroughly wash my hands, which I do as much as possible.” 

Also at a press briefing shortly after the election he said “I’m also very much of a germaphobe, by the way, believe me.”

He was also quoted saying "I am not a big fan of the handshake. I think it’s barbaric. I mean, they have medical reports all the time. Shaking hands, you catch colds, you catch the flu, you catch this, you catch all sorts of things. Who knows what you don’t catch."



Credit: Naija life TV/YouTube
The video that shows Oba of Lagos snubbing the Ooni of Ife

VS

Donald Trump refusing despite being nudged by the photographers to shake German Chancellor, Angela Merkel



Credit: YouTube


follow @AbayomiGOmotayo  and  @musingamplified on twitter for latest updates

Comments